Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day by day

Well, we have entered into week 28 and so far - no baby! I know that probably sounds crazy, but we are actually very estatic. That means our baby girl is still growing and protected. We do ask that you continue to pray for us, as we have a lot to deal with right now.

First and foremost of course, is Jody and the baby. She has been on bedrest for 3+ weeks now, and I know she is getting sick of the whole thing. The contractions have started to hurt a little more, but still everything looks good, the baby is VERY active, and mom is doing well too, all things considered.

Also, pray for the boys. This has been very hard on them. We are so blessed to have so many family and friends that volunteer their time to come into our home Monday through Friday, cleaning, taking care of the boys, cleaning, helping Jody around the house, cleaning, making meal, oh, and did I mention cleaning? (ok, it is very selfish of me, I admit, but it is nice to know I don't have to come home and try to keep up with all of that too!). It is so hard on the boys though, having two different people (on most days) each day in the house, but they are doing very well. I feel bad for them, and will be glad when all of this is over and "normalcy" can take over again.

We also need your prayer as my job situation is really causing a strain on Jody. For those of you who don't know, I started at this company last June and thought I had found "work Utopia". I am working with wonderful people, my department is probably the best I have ever had, and I really enjoy going to work. In November, a merger between us and our biggest competitor was announced. Last Wednesday it was finally announced that the office would be moving to South Dakota, which means the majority of us here probably will not survive the merger shift. I have been looking since November, but not very seriously. I have had interviews and some potential, but now it could start to get more serious. Well, last week Tuesday and Wednesday I took a whirlwind trip to Boston. A company just outside of Boston flew me out to interview with them. This could be a potential new job, but it is hard because we would be moving away from friends and family to a place neither of us really have been (outside of my 20 hour trip) and a place where we do not know anyone (this is where Hebrews 11:8 gives us a little comfort). Top that off with a very pregnant wife, a son who is supposed to be starting school this fall, and several other things, and now Jody kind feels like the weight of the world is on her shoulders. Please pray that God works everything out in HIS time, but also that Jody will feel HIS peace and comfort on her. There are some job opportunities here too, so we are just looking and praying for HIS guidance.

Again, please pray for my wife and boys as they are really being stressed and taxed through all of this. Thank you

Brian

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am definitely praying for your family during this difficult time. Glad to hear that baby girl is still doing well, despite the challenges Jody is facing during this pregnancy. Love and Prayers . . .

WTBroke said...

Jody, Is 26:3-4 stay focused on the Lord, He will show both of you what is His will and direction. It is never easy to leave, but if it is God's will you will not want to be anywhere else. Study Phil. chapter 4, it is a wonderful help to comfort the mind. It deals with many issues. Ask God to give you his perfect peace that passeth all understanding. We will be in prayer.

Kelly said...

I am praying for you all. I hope that Jody is holding up. I can't imagine having to be in bed that long. I will also be praying about your job situation. We are in the midst of a move so I know the emotions that can go with that. It is amazing to me though how God prepares your heart to face the challenges ahead. Thanks for the update and keep them coming!