Thursday, January 31, 2008

At least we know WHO is in control...

and we really glad it isn't us! I often get amazed at how many times we can think we have the 'perfect plan' or the 'perfect idea' only to find out we really don't know anything. Take Jody's bedrest for example (no really, please, TAKE IT, she is getting sick of it and we would love for someone to take it!). We knew this pregnancy, as with the two others, would be high risk, but yet God decided to show us that we really don't know as much as we think.

Then there is the situation with my job, that just in the past 12 hours has gotten even more obtuse to us. At this point I will not go into any details, but we are really asking for your prayers, as God is putting our faith in Him to what we feel is an "ultimate test". No, it is nothing that is unmanageable, but God has just allowed enough out of the ordinary things to take place that really have us on our knees right now.

In the end of it all, I sure am glad that I have the great I AM to depend on, because if I were in control, we would ALL be in trouble!

Brian

1 comment:

WTBroke said...

We will be parying for you. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee."