Monday, February 25, 2008

Starting to understand reliance on God

Not that we haven't before, but with everything that has happened over the past couple of months, it is amazing to us, as well as rather convicting, just how easy it is to "rely on God" when things are easy. That is to say, we really don't. It is so easy to think that we have placed everything in His hands when everything is going smoothly, but throw a couple of wrinkles into the mix, and you get to see what you really have.

This has probably convicted me more than most things lately. Even when things aren't going well, I like to think that I have some sort of control in the matter, but now that I have a wife on bedrest, two little boys that need attention and stability, a job that is ending, and no real solid replacement at this time, I find myself "on my knees" so much more. Sometimes literally, but even figuratively. For those of you that don't know, I have a pretty decent commute to work (35 miles one way through the heart of traffice) so I get quite a bit of car time. God has really shown me lately that, rather than get upset with all the other non-qualified drivers in the state of Minnesota, I can just let traffic be what it may, and spend that energy in time talking to Him. He has shown me so much when I take the time to look and listen!

Anyway, just to update our current situation, Jody is really starting to feel cruddy. She even expressed this weekend that she thinks things are going to happen sooner than even we expected, but we are relying on God. The boys are starting to feel the stress of the situation, even though we are trying to keep their lives as normal as possible, which is difficult to do when you have two, and somtimes three, different people in your house each day. The job situation is starting to wear on both of us, but we know that God will provide in His time.

Sorry for the rambling, but I just felt I needed to get this out. We thank you for your prayers, and ask that you continue to pray that Jody doesn't feel undue stress from things, that the contractions will not continue to get worse, and that the boys will not be overwhelmed with the whole process of things.

Thanks again,

Brian

2 comments:

The Hager Happenings said...

Brian and Jody- Aaron and I will be praying for your job situation. We will also be praying for this new little one that she will stay in her safe environment until she is big enought to be born! Just wanted to let you know that we were thinking about you guys.

Matt & Nicki said...

I didn't realize you had a blog until you commented on ours. . .so excited to hear you are having a girl and happy Jody has made it to week 30! I will continue to check in and stay up to date on her now that I know you have this blog. I will pray for you guys!