Saturday, December 16, 2006








Ok, I can't believe I am actually going to do this, but I have decided to create a blog. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would do this. I figured that there just was not enough interesting things about our family that others would really want to know, but after seeing other people's blogs, I realize that our family can provide plenty of information and probably even more laughs for others, so here is our first attempt.

A little about us.

Brian is an Accountant for a large software company here in Minnesota. Ironic considering that he basically told anyone he ever knew growing up that this was the one profession he would never do. He also coaches the boys basketball team here at Woodcrest, is involved with the youth group, and tries desperately to keep up with his two little boys.

Jody is a stay-at-home mommy for the above mentioned 3 boys (ok, two little ones and one very big one). She had the opportunity to live out a childhood dream and teach for a couple of years at the school she attended. Now she gets to stay at home and keep track of the boys, the house, and everything else that goes with that territory.

Jackson (JT) is almost 3.5 years old, and is definitely ALL BOY. He loves to play any sport, has quite an interest in music, and can go through a set of watercolors faster than anyone I have ever met!

Jefferson just turned one October 14, and he is going to be the one to keep mom and dad on their toes. We jokingly call him the "Anti-Jackson" in much of his demeanor. Where JT is up front and out in the open with almost everything he does, Jefferson is the schemer. You can see the wheels in his little mind just turning all the time.

As any parent, we deeply love our boys, especially with the circumstances of their lives. For starters, we were told flat out by doctors that it was pretty much impossible for us to have children. In fact, the day we were supposed to start testing to prove that, they came into the room to tell us that, instead of running tests, they cancelled the tests, since we were expecting. Just goes to show you that even the "experts" don't control everything.

Also about the boys, they both were born prematurely. JT was born just over 5 weeks early, which isn't too bad. He was only in the hospital for 2 days and got to go home. Jefferson was born just over 7 weeks early and, long story short, stayed in the Level 2 Nursery for two weeks before we got to bring him home. Looking at either boy now though, you wouldn't know.

Well, I will do my best to keep things updated, but we will just have to wait and see how that goes. I am posting a couple of pictures so you can see 75% of our family (I tend to be EXTREMELY camera shy!). Oh, and the two pictures of Jackson and Morgan Martens are just to get on Dave's good side! :)




2 comments:

Nicole Teachout said...

Welcome Jody to the world of blogs! I am sure you will have much fun finding the various blogs out there. I am always excited to find another one that I can add to my favorites making correspondence with friends much easier!

We received your Christmas card. . .thanks very much! It is great to hear how well you are all doing. I can't believe how much Jackson has grown. . . and yet still looks much the same.

Now, do you think you can rope some of the others at church into blogs so I can hear updates about them too?!! :-) Take care friend and Merry Christmas!

Mommy said...

Oh, I am so glad to see a Schoonover blog. I've been waiting and watching for this one! Jody, now I just need to write to Tiffany and get her to do one too:)

Your kids are so precious. We had a 7 1/2 week early one too. That's no fun living in the hospital nursery, but I was very thankful for the great care he got. God is so good.