Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The basketball team

I just wanted to take a quick second to say how proud I am of my boys. I am not talking this time about Jackson and Jefferson (although I am extremely proud of them - like any father should be!), but my basketball boys.

For those that don't know, I have been involved with the Varsity boys basketball program here at Woodcrest for 7 years now, with this being my fourth year as head coach. This has been an incredible year so far. We are going into the Christmas break with a 3-1 record, including wins of 64-32, 74-39 and 61-26. These were exciting, but I am actually more encouraged by our loss last night, which we lost to the North Metro team (a home school organization) 102 - 110. Yes, you read that correctly, both teams scored over 100 points. They are a running type of team, and we actually beat them for the most part at their own game, including being in the lead for a good portion of the game. There were 212 points scored in the game, which averages out to roughly 1 point every 10 seconds. That is moving! The guys worked hard and played better than I could have ever hoped for.

I also want to thank Dave Martens for all his hard work this year as my assistant on the Varsity team as well as being in charge of the JV program as well. He has been a valuable asset and addition this year.

Ok, that is my little promotion for my team. You can follow the school's activities at www.woodcrestbaptistacademy.org for all calendars, scores, sports, etc.

-Brian

No comments: