Monday, January 15, 2007

Minnesota Reminder

Well, we finally got snow that I think is going to stay this time. It started last night during church, and by this morning when Brian got up to go to work, there was maybe an inch on the ground. The difference this time from a month ago is that the temperature has dropped considerably. With the windchill it is finally below zero.

The boys are finally pretty much healthy, and for that we are very grateful. Every Christmas we seem to be attacked by illness, and this year definitely did not disappoint! Brian started with a quick bout of the flu, then the boys just got hit hard with all kinds of stuff: flu, fever, chills, pink eye, etc. Then of course, being home with them, I get to share in all of it. Talk about so much fun. Then, because of the long hours he had to work during December and the first two weeks of January, Brian had another fun round of what we think is the flu, but because of specific deadlines at work, he went in every day anyway. Now I think it is finally down to just me having a cough. Does anyone else go through this every year, or is it just us?

Jefferson is so close to walking all the time now that we just can't wait. He will walk while holding something, and is willing to take a few steps if going to myself or Brian, but otherwise he still likes the faster mode of transportation - crawling. It is quite funny to walk into a room though, and see Jefferson just standing in the middle as if to say "I have conquered all!" Oh, the boys are so much fun at this age!

3 comments:

Mommy said...

What is it with Christmas and being sick? I hear you, Jody. Since my children have been born we have spent every Christmas - but two - visiting the emergency room - croup, bronchitis, crashes (and the birth of my daughter:). This year we have had so many viruses that I lost count. Even with all this though, Christmas is still our favorite time of the year and we've already been talking about next Christmas.

Hope you guys stay healthy now.

SturgillMom said...

Madyson is doing the same thing...walking occasionally. I agree, I LOVE this stage! They are so fun, but haven't yet developed big attitudes. Our family was sick around Christmas too, I hate that because we all just seem to keep passing it around.

Kelly said...

Enjoy that age while you can because they grow so fast, don't they?! My oldest is now seven and I still can't believe it. My middle son, Micah, does not want to grow up so maybe we can figure out a way to keep him five :)