Monday, January 8, 2007

Christmas is finally over!

I am just amazed at how much Christmas has grown since I was a little boy! I can remember having Christmas eve with my parents, opening gifts, etc., and then maybe getting together one or two other times with people. Now we seem to have a Christmas thing every other day (or so it seems) from the first week of December until mid-January. That is ok though, because it is a fun time to get togther with friends and family.
Of course, now that I have kids, it is so much fun to see them with their Grandpas and Grandmas. Earlier I wrote about Christmas with Jody's parents. Over New Year's Weekend we celebrated Christmas with my parents. It was an enjoyable time. The boys had fun, Jefferson got his first "official haircut" and Jackson got a little kids piano with a microphone, and both boys just LOVE that thing!

The funniest thing I can think of from that weekend is when we got there on Thursday night. The boys got to see my dad for a few minutes, but then my dad got called to work, so the boys just started pulling out toys to play with (mind you, this is at about 10PM at night!). Then all of a sudden Jackson starts to want to cuddle with my mom, hugging her, kissing her, etc. Grandma was enjoying it and thinking that it was all fun until JT then backed up a little bit, and with a very eager but sincere look on his face asked my mom straightforward "grandma, do you have any presents hidden for me here?" I guess they learn at an early age.

Anyway, here is a picture of the boys with my parents:









With great-grandma:









With the piano:


Jefferson before and after haircut:


And the boys ready for church:









2 comments:

SturgillMom said...

Cute pictures, you guys! Isn't Christmas so much fun now when you experience it through your kids eyes!?

Schoonover Family said...

It is so much more fun to celebrate Christmas with the children. They definitely make it so much more interesting!